Re: Model theory, possibly critical comment

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:23:27 -0600
To: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

>I should have said:  my proposed fix is to drop this paragraph.

OK, I'm fine with that, Consider it gone. Also I think the next para
should be folded into the earlier 'we arent doing that' list of
disclaimers in the 0.1 intro, would you agree? Then the remaining
first para of 1.3 can just serve as a technical intro. to that
section.

Pat

>#g
>--
>

>I don't think this is necessarily a show-stopper, but I think it
>should be considered carefully:
>
>In [1] Section 1.3, 2nd para, talks about treating the assertion of
>a graph as merge with some other referenced graphs.  While we may
>wish to discuss this as a possibility (personally, I am very uneasy
>about it), I think it could muddy the waters in a document that
>otherwise defines very clearly the meaning of an RDF *graph*.  I
>think the issues of how RDF documents may be combined to create the
>RDF graphs on which entailments are defined should be kept very
>separate from the model theory itself.
>
>Review continues...
>
>#g
>--
>
>[1]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Nov/att-0022/01-RDF_20Model_20Theory_Oct_draft.html

>Graham Klyne
><GK@NineByNine.org>

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam