Re: response to Brian's rdfs review

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Dan Brickley wrote:

Some first-cut fixes to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/Schema/200211/
$Id: Overview.html,v 1.13 2002/11/09 14:55:38 danbri Exp $

> Going thru the critical comments
>
> (1) yes, I believe Guha agreed to have his name on this (am seeking
> explicit confirmation)
>
> (2) After the table in the 'RDF Schema Overview' section, you ask:
> [
> rdf:List? I'm not quites ure what you are doing here. Picking out the
> vocabulary from the older specs beforing adding in the new? Is that
> valuable?rdfs:Datatype
> ]
>
> ...I should have been clearer in my message on friday. That table is
> machine-generated from the RDFS namespace document. I asked for WG help in
> getting the text for the RDF/XML version correct first; I'll then rebuild
> the table.
>
> Regarding ordering, yes I just added in rdfs:Datatype in the prose after
> Property, and the new List stuff after the existing (and Recommended)
> container machinery. Unless someone is going to write a
> compare-and-contrast as to which is best used when, I'm happy with this.
> Are we depracating the old containers? I didn't think so.
>
> (3) 'rdf:_1, etc rdf:first, rdf:next, rdf:nil'
> see previous; when the definitions are done i'll rebuild the table.
> rdf:_1 ... is an interesting case. These are _not_ mentioned in the
> rdf/xml schema but I guess should be mentioned here. Also 'nil' is neither
> a class nor property, so doesn't fit in either table. I suggest adding a
> separate paragraph for the latter, and adding rdf:_1 by hand.

I've added:
[[
In addition to these classes and properties, RDF also uses properties
called rdf:_1, rdf:_2, rdf:_3... etc., each of which is both a
sub-property of rdfs:member and a member of the class
rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty. There is also a resource called rdf:nil
that is a member of the class rdf:List.
]]

Refinements welcome.

> (4) [[
> They are not self denoting. The class rdfs:Literal respresents the class
> of literal values such as strings and integers.
> ]]
> You are correct. I caught this on paper but missed the edit. Will change.

Fixed.

> (5)  "s/predicate/object/"  Good catch. Will fix.

Fixed.