Re: Technical tweaks to the MT, for reviewers.

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:34:08 -0500 (EST)
To: phayes@ai.uwf.edu
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, herman.ter.horst@philips.com

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Subject: Technical tweaks to the MT, for reviewers.
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:47:33 -0600

[...]

> 2. Now that subClassOf and subPropertyOf have 'iff' semantics, that
> raises a slight complication: it means that anything with an empty
> class extension, which right now includes anything that isn't a
> class, is a subclass of anything, and similarly for properties.

Actually, not for properties, I think, because EXT is only defined on IP.

I actually happen to not particularly like depending on the fact that EXT
is undefined on non-properties to make non-properties not be subPropertyOf
every property, so I support the change for properties too.  There are
other places in the model theory where the fact that something is not
defined is used.

[...]

> Pat

peter