RE: making publishing easier?

Yes ...

for last call ..

1: we publish a pre-Last Call just for getting all the docs in place, a week
before we go to last call. We fix the links in that last week. Status of
this Document reads "This is an editors' release. Public comment is not
invited at this time"

2: During last few weeks we have all the editors' drafts on a single
machine, as if they were already deployed, and we have a final edit that is
a global substitution across all docs of

http://wgmachine.org/wgtmpspace/

for

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/

3: We decide the "publication date" for both the pre last call and last call
sufficiently in advance.

Jeremy