xml"foo" is dead

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:37:48 +0000
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I've decided to kill this.

Since the isXML flag on RDF literals has gone and RDF literals are
now (Plain Literals OR Typed Literals) according to the latest concepts
WD (out soon), having three things in N-Triples does not seem right.
N-Triples should match the RDF Graph as close as possible, so this
form is going.  It also means less work for dealing with the RDF
Graph (only URI-refs or bnodes or RDF Literals) and should help
with N3 alignment, since CWM/N3 never implemented xml"foo" (that
is a minor reason).

This mostly affects syntax WD (I edit) and test cases WD (I co-edit)
plus tools who have been closely following the WG (which I also have;
this isn't a big change).

This does mean that the URI-reference for rdfs:XMLLiteral (NOT schema
entailing) is now burnt into the RDF/XML parsers and if/when the RDFS
namespace URI changes, the documents that will change now include
syntax WD and concepts WD (as well as vocabulary/schema WD and
model/semantics WD which already define or use RDFS).

Dave