Re: fighting complexification (was: rdf-concepts comments: this should be a note)

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 10:15  AM, Jan Grant wrote:
> Which means that you might have a "simple" foundation, but the
> complexity will still occur - just not in your documents.

People can write bad UNIX software; that doesn't mean we need to build
it into the OS.

> idioms that support rich data types (amongst other things)

This can be done by building on top of the simple foundation. It can
also be done simply.

What's your goal with datatypes? In all my work with RDF, I've never
found a construction like the one we've specified necessary.

How can our RDF succeed? With all this complexity cost, the benefits
over XML seem tiny by comparison.
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com] "Curb your consumption," he said.