Re: more feedback

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 11:55, Brian McBride wrote:
> At 09:00 01/11/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> [...]
>

> > > Would it make sense to restrict the structure of collections in the
> > > *abtract syntax*.  Don't worry Dave, I don't think it affects the XML
> > > syntax - it can only produce well formed lists already.
> >
> >??? I don't see how you come to that conclusion.
>
> I think stupidity is sufficient explanation :)

I suppose a certain amount of self-deprecating humor is all
well and good, but out of respect, I can't let that
stand as the last word... you're not stupid. Not
even in jest.

You're very busy coordinating a zillion details.
You missed one.

You're not a machine, after all,
and thank goodness for that (though we're all
quite impressed with the extent to which you've
taught your machine, jema, to help us with
our work). The rest of us are here to watch your back when
you goof; lord knows you've done likewise for the
rest of us countless times.

> >It seems obviously false; witness the following counterexample:
> >
> >         <rdf:Description about="#aBadList>
> >           <rdf:first>1</rdf:first>
> >           <rdf:first>2</rdf:first>
> >         </rdf:Description>
> >
> >If the list has only one first, then "1" and "2" denote the
> >same thing; but they don't; they denote distinct things.
>
> Right.  Me dumb.

no.

> Ok.  Is trickier than I thought.

yes.