Re: Datatyping literals: question and test cases

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:53:54 +0000
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 09:48 AM 11/1/02 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>Perhaps this is the real crux of the datatyping debate. Perhaps RDF
>is not and will never be acceptable for eCommerce and security and
>trust, because it takes to weak a view for such things.
>
>Perhaps I'm asking RDF to do something that it just cannot do.

I think RDF *alone* can never do/be all these things, but that doesn't mean
that applications and other standards built upon RDF cannot.

In  the world of Internet standards, it's generally more successful to
build the standards in incremental steps rather than giant leaps.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>