Re: Layering OWL on RDF: the case for unasserted triples

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:18:32 +0100
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Cc: jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>

At 13:17 30/05/2002 -0400, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>I have been actioned by WebOnt WG to send this to RDFCore WG as a statement
>of a problem we have been having, with two possible solutions which involve
>unasserted triples.

Thank you Jonathan.  I'm sure that preparing this has been a demanding task.

For clarity, please could you tell us:

   o whether webont is considering any other solutions to this problem, i.e
     has webont resolved that some form of dark triples is the only acceptable
     solution

   o what is webont asking of rdfcore?

I will allocate time at rdfcore's next telecon to consider this.

Brian