Re: Unasserted triples, Contexts and things that go bump in the night.

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:03:13 +0100
To: "Pat Hayes <phayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> Although these context ideas are appealing, they do rather go beyond
> the current state of RDF. My own suggestion would be to stick to the
> more boring 'dark triples' alternative at present, and leave the
> question of what is the best way to enrich RDF syntax open at the
> present time, and assume that people will experiment.

just quickly, there is one easy way that we can use immediately
i.e. 'immediate addressing' per http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2397.txt
e.g.

<data:,:John a :Person. :John a :Male> log:implies <data:,:John a :Man>.

we use it a lot to exchange graphs between engines and it is quite
performant as the dereferencing is just a simple string manipulation

--
Jos