RE: Weekly Call for Agenda Items

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:59:36 -0000
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> I propose that:
>
> - The Unicode strings within RDF literals are required to be in NFC.
> - We note that literals whose unicode strings start with a combining
> character may not be serializable in an XML document that conforms with
> forthcoming Character Model Recommendations.
> - We include a test case of such a literal as legal, to be reviewed if
> Charmod reaches rec before we do.

And that in the definition of the RDF graph we use MUST language, whereas in
the discussion of RDF/XML we indicate that parsers SHOULD use normalizing
transcoders, (with a reference to a CHARMOD WD).

Issue: do we want a note saying that non normalized unicode input MUST NOT
be normalized. (This is one of the safe guards in charmod, but it assumes
that specs are defining a processing model, and we are not).