Re: Proposed NTriples changes for literal notation

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:07:57 +0200
To: ext Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, RDF Comments <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
CC: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On 2002-03-13 23:31, "ext Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org> wrote:

> I hope that RDF will move toward unicode strings as primitives, and
> langauges as properties.  { "chat"en  =  [lang:en "chat"].}

This would, of course, require untidy literals, and we just decided
to make literals tidy.

If languages as properties, in conjuction with literals as subjects,
is truly is a desirable feature in the future, should we rethink tidy
literals?

If literals remain tidy, then that closes the door on languages
as properties.

Patrick