Re: Datatyping issue, too many options?

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:13:59 +0200
To: ext Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On 2002-03-12 14:04, "ext Graham Klyne" <GK@NineByNine.org> wrote:

> A very much lesser possible issue:  is the name "rdfs:drange" appropriate
> for its use to indicate allowable lexical forms?

Since rdfs:drange has no semantic relationship to rdfs:range and
does not in fact define any constraints which can be tested by
a generic RDFS Validator, it seems that a different name would be
a good idea.

Jos and I had discussed the possibility of rdfs:datatype, and
some of my N3 examples at the f2f reflected that.

What rdfs:datatype (rdfs:drange) is really doing is simply associating
a datatype with a property, so that some extra-RDF application is
aware of the datatype context within which values of either idiom
are to be interpreted.

Eh?

Patrick