Re: 2002-02-25#19, Fragment identifiers, words for the primer

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:42:50 -0600
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
CC: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On 2002-03-12 10:31 AM, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> That goes too far. rdf:ID makes new RDF terms of this sort. We cannot
> caution against use of rdf:ID without butchering the language.-

Why not?

> You cannot use reification syntax without this. Maybe we should be warning
> against reification :), but not in this way

You can still do reification the old fashioned way, writing out the plain
old triples. I think caution is advised here. That is, wn:Caution-3

  3: judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger; "he exercised caution in
  opening the door"; "he handled the vase with care" [syn: {precaution},
  {care}, {forethought}]