Re: A very short list of residual datatyping issues (just one ;-)

At 05:58 PM 3/11/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>>1. Union versus non-union interpretation of datatypes
>>
>>Overview of Issue:
>>
>>a) XML Schema associates a single URI with a datatype. That
>>    URI denotes the entire datatype, not just its value space.
>>    Stating that the URI only denotes the value space may be
>>    considered contrary to the XML Schema usage and leaves
>>    datatypes without a formally defined URI denoting the entire
>>    datatype.
>
>Thats issue 1.  Does the WG agree this is a problem.  I note that some

I don't see this as a problem _unless_ we are trying to use the same names
(URIs) as are defined by XML schema.  And if we are trying to us the same
names, we're in danger of trampling on someone else's lawn, and that's an
issue to be resolved separately from the model theory.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>