Re: rdfs:Literal not rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Resource

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:37:41 +0000
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 21:00 08/03/2002 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote

[...]

>Right? If that has changed, please tell me when, where and why.
>
>That's not to say that literals are not things in the universe,
>only that literals are not members of the RDF class rdfs:Resource.
>
>--
>
>If that hasn't changed, then...

   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literalsubjects

Resolution: On the 15th February 2002, at the RDFCore WG telecon, the WG:

     * resolved that the current syntaxes (RDF/XML, n-triples, graph
syntax) do not allow literals as subjects.
     * noted that it is aware of no reason why literals should not be
subjects and a future WG with a less restrictive charter may extend the
syntaxes to allow literals as the subjects of statements.

Brian