Re: Literal notation for NTriples

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 09:43, Patrick Stickler wrote:

> I'm agnostic about the particular representation, but I
> think it is important that we have a single canonical representation
> for literals in NTriples, and that it is extensible (should
> we decide we need something more in literal structures).
We decided we don't need something more.

RDF 1.0 syntax isn't extensible; hence n-triples
need not be.

Please don't make n-triples out to be more than it is.

> It could be
>
>    (0,"35",en)
>     0-"35"-en
>     whatever
>
> But preferably not either
>
>     "35"-en
> or  xml("<b>foo</b>",en)

I accept that as your preference. But both
syntaxes are equally "canonical"; i.e. each
corresponds 1-1 with what we want to say.

And we have a lot invested in the "24"
syntax (a hundred or so test cases).
I don't see any reason to throw
it away.