RE: RDF C14N Inclusive or Exclusive

> On Monday 04 March 2002 09:45, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> > Under exclusive C14N the literal value is:
> > "\n    <foo xmlns=""
> > xsi:type="xsd:decimal">10.09</foo>\n  "
> >
> > because only the xsi and default namespaces are visibly used.
> >
> > I note that in some sense the exclusive C14N has got this example wrong,
> > since we need to preserve the binding of the xsd prefix to preserve the
> > semantics of this example.
Joseph Reagle:
> Hrmm... this is interesting. This is the second of two issues (potential
> bugs) that have been raised this week that we need to give
> serious thought
> to.
> 1. In your email: should we emit a namespace for prefixes found in an
> attribute value (or even element content?!).

I note that I was silent through last call on XC14N, so I don't much want to
call it an issue.

What I find counter-intuitive is that foobar is invisible in
   xmlns:foobar="http://example.org/foo/bar/"

I understand this. The namespace decl is not in the XPath nodeset, and not
accessible from XSLT. It does not appear to be a requirement of XML
namespaces.