Monadic predicates and disjointness of properties and classes

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:30:55 +0000
To: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
This is a random thought, maybe irrelevant.

I seem to recall that there has been some discussion about whether or not
Properties and Classes should be disjoint (e.g. in ontology languages built
upon RDF).

I note that enforcing this may be problematic in light of our previous
decision to implement monadic predicates using rdf:type.  Effectivey, the
class extensions of RDF classes are monadic predicate value sets, and the
relational extensions of RDF properties are dyadic prediciate value-pair sets.

I don't know if there are any potential "gotcha"s lurking here.

Graham Klyne