Re: rdfms-xmllang - text for a note

From: Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:19:49 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>, Misha.Wolf@reuters.com, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Thus I propose that text such as the following is included near the
> definition of literal equality:
>
> [[[
>
> NOTE: This definition of equality is appropriate when constructing an RDF
> graph, when checking an RDF test case, and when interpreting an RDF graph
> according to the RDF model theory. In other contexts it is usually more
> appropriate to use the methods described in RFC 3066 treating a missing
> language tag as "*".
>
> ]]]

Jeremy,

What are your `other contexts'? I guess you mean non-RDF contexts by the
(I hope) all-inclusive `when interpreting an RDF graph
according to the RDF model theory'. I am anxious to make the point that
the same transitive equivalence criteria are used throughout RDF
construction and querying (and hence in the construction of queries in
any query language).

--
Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Profium, Les Espaces de Sophia,