Re: rdfms-xmllang - text for a note

From: Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:19:49 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>, Misha.Wolf@reuters.com, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Thus I propose that text such as the following is included near the
> definition of literal equality:
> [[[
> NOTE: This definition of equality is appropriate when constructing an RDF
> graph, when checking an RDF test case, and when interpreting an RDF graph
> according to the RDF model theory. In other contexts it is usually more
> appropriate to use the methods described in RFC 3066 treating a missing
> language tag as "*".
> ]]]

What are your `other contexts'? I guess you mean non-RDF contexts by the
(I hope) all-inclusive `when interpreting an RDF graph
according to the RDF model theory'. I am anxious to make the point that
the same transitive equivalence criteria are used throughout RDF
construction and querying (and hence in the construction of queries in
any query language).

Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Profium, Les Espaces de Sophia,
Immeuble Delta, B.P. 037, F-06901 Sophia-Antipolis, France
Tel. +33 (0) Fax. +33 (0)
Mob. +33 (0) Internet: http://www.profium.com