Re: simplified datatyping proposal

At 18:03 21/02/2002 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
[...]
>>We can punt on the model theory for datatyping, and provide a syntax for the
>>one bit we can agree on.
>
>I'd rather not punt on the MT, if only to keep things as clear and
>unambiguous as possible.

The model theory brings us considerable benefit.  I'm pretty sure that many
of the issues that have arisen with the rdf model described in m&s could
have been avoided if the original WG had the benefit of a model
theory.  The MT helps expose inconsistencies that may escape our
intuitions.  I suggest that is very valuable.

If we can't do a model theory, I would want to know what the problem was
that prevented us doing it.

Brian