Re: datatypes message - draft 2

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 01:40, Patrick Stickler wrote:

> On 2002-06-26 20:38, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:
>

> In the introduction, it would be good, I think, to add a comment
> that the tidy/untidy issue has little to do with implementational
> efficiency of triples stores,

not true; see comments from Sergey a long time ago about
the cost of untidy literals in RDF/database systems.

Sorry I don't have time to find it.

The swap/cwm implementation would suffer a significant
efficiency hit if literals weren't tidy.

  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/

esp in def loadToStore(store, addr):

    store.storeQuad((store._experience,
                     store.semantics,
                     store.intern((SYMBOL, addr)),
                     store.intern((FORMULA, addr + "#_formula" ))))

	-- http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/llyn.py