Re: Outline for new RDF document

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:33:51 +0100
To: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>, RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I've had an offlist email telling me the tone of this message was a bit,
shall we say, crusty.

That comment is right, and my apologies.  I should have taken more time to
explain.
 From my point of view its a minor nit, but W3C, rightly, take it a bit
more seriously.

We need to get the directors approval for publication of a first working
draft.  Until we've done that, the document can't be accurately called a
W3C WD.  There has been some discussion of this lately on the chairs list
and Janet Daly recently asked for the Datatypes doc to be amended to be
clear that it is not (yet) a WD.  I didn't want us to commit the same
offence twice in rapid succession, hence the unfortunately terse request
for a rapid fix.

Once again my appologies to Graham.

Brian