Re: Outline for new RDF document

At 10:56 AM 6/24/02 -0500, Eric Miller wrote:
>I think this distinction will be lost on those outside of this group
>trying to get their heads around RDF.  Often times what people are
>trying to say helps determine use. I'm concerned that splitting this
>notion over 2 documents may be seen as more confusing than helpful.
>
>I'm reluctant to say more until I get a chance to read the f2f minutes,
>talk to the chairs and learn more about the rationale behind this new
>document and its anticipated relationship to the other working drafts.

The intent of the new document is not to displace or overlap the intended
Primer function, but to pick up a number of topics for which there wasn't a
sensible home and to relieve pressure to use the Primer as the "dustbin"
for things that don't fit anywhere else.  The style of this new document
should be very different.

Anyway, rather than spin in abstract discussion, can I suggest that we
resolve this in light of real documents?  I think we are on track to have
the first cut of content for the new document ready by the end of this
week.  Then I think it will be easier to see whether there is any
gratuitous overlap.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>