RE: Summary and some analysis: New Semantics Initiative

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:00:32 +0100
To: Ronald Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Cc: "'Brian McBride'" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 10:51 AM 6/13/02 -0700, Ronald Daniel wrote:
>As a process matter, if we are going to add something important
>late in the game, we are also going to allow adequate time for
>reviewing it. Its either important enough to face the unpleasant
>need to extend the schedule or it is not. I will oppose any effort
>to get both.

I agree.  In my experience, it's getting the review cycles and building
consensus that takes time, not putting the material together.  Which is why
I feel we shouldn't try to do it at the same time as the other documents
unless there's a clear reason why that's needed.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>