A data typing proposal

From: R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:12:58 -0700
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

   Given the amazing progress we have made on agreeing on the one right
way of dealing with data types, here is a proposal that is only
partially tongue-in-cheek.

  Lets face it ... there isn't that much RDF out there. I am sure that
in their spare time, the Dans and Pats of the working group could easily
rewrite it all. So, a clean solution that breaks some existing RDF files
might be worth considering.

 The simplest thing I can think of is to say that the literal always
denotes the string, unless there is an explicit xsd attribute which
specifies some other data type. Life just becomes so much simpler ...

guha