Re: Datatypes [Was: Minutes telecon 26th July 2002]

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 14:10, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> On 2002-07-28 17:53, "ext Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 03:38, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> This has already been rejected by the WG.
> >
> > I don't recall any such decision.
> >
> > Giving your position on the issue is fine, but if
> > you're going to cite group decisions, please do
> > so by reference to the record.
> >
> > [...]
> >> The WG has already decided that datatyping should work by one of the
> >> two proposed options,
> >
> > which decision are you referring to here?
> >
> >> based on the tidyness of literals, or lack
> >> thereof.
>

> Both at the Bristol face-to-face.

I have reviewed the Bristol record (quoted below for convenience).

I still don't see the decisions you're talking about.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20020617-f2f/#decisions

Decisions

    * log DaveB's proposal for issue faq-html-compliance was approved
and this issue closed
    * log The WG agreed the following resolution of
rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics and closed this issue:

      This property indicates a resource which contains information
about the subject. Often, this property is used to indicate the source
of the subject uriref, where its owner specifies its intended meaning.
The subject node of this property can be any uriref, and the value may
be any document or resource; the usage is not restricted to a particular
form or schema
    * log The WG agreed to drop the requirement from M&S that "In RDF,
each predicate used in a statement must be identified with exactly one
namespace, or schema." because there is no concept of a namespace or
schema in the RDF model.
    * log The WG agreed to modify the exisiting RDF and RDFS namespaces
rather than create new ones and seek implementor feedback on this
decision. The WG agreed this closes issue rdf-namespace-change.
    * log The WG agreed to defer schema document editorial issues to the
editor and close rdfs-editorial.
    * log The WG agreed to define a computable function on URIREFs which
will return one of two values, light or dark. A statement with a
property whose URIREF is mapped to dark by this function is invisible to
the model theory; it has no semantics. The WG agreed to postpone issue
rdf-contexts to a future WG.
    * log The WG decided to send a short email to www-rdf-interest and
others in the RDF community soliciting input on the tidy/untidy
decision.
    * log The WG decided that the RDF graph syntax does not allow
isolated nodes in the graph.
    * log The WG approved Jeremy's text on character normalization:

      Jeremy proposes to allow any XML literal in well-formed graph, and
note that interperability problems may result if not using XML
normalization rules
    * log The WG decided that a description of RDF(S) semantics in Lbase
should be added as a non-normative appendix to the model theory document
(provided it is ready in time) which should be renamed RDF Formal
Semantics (or similar). Lbase will be published as a w3c note.
    * log The WG decided to consider producing a new document to
describe the RDF graph, possibly called "Resource Description
Framework". This will include description of the graph synax, what it
means to assert, character normalization and possibly some other
material from the primer. Graham and Jeremy to be editors.
    * log The WG decided that bwm will be "series editor" for the WG
documents.
    * log The WG decided to aim for last call on 26th Aug 2002.

see you in Montreal in August at Extreme Markup 2002?