Re: Draft datatypes message

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 06:35  AM, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>> Another question that comes to mind is whether we can have: [...]
>>  <Jenny>      <ageInYearsDecimalNumeral> "10" .
>>  <John>  <ageInYears>      _:a .
>
> We have agreed that it is a desire of the WG not to have multiple
> variant properties for the different idioms or lexical/value
> interpretations.

When did we agree on that? Not only is that an aesthetically broken
solution (it encourages people to make the author / authorName
confusion) it looks difficult if not impossible to deal with in a
rules-based system like CWM. What's so bad about having two properties?

--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]
4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B