Re: Outline for new RDF document

Brian,

I'll respond briefly here, to acknowledge your comments for the
record.  I'll leave detailed consideration of the points you raised to my
action from the last telecon.

I did not think that the document that Jeremy and I have produced was so
much in excess of what was agreed at the face to face, but our discussion
then did not go into much detail and I can see how one might reasonably
come to such a view.

To reiterate what I said in the last telecon, much of the material that you
feel is more than is needed derives from my experiences of trying to come
to terms with RDF as part of the CC/PP work.  At that time, lacking any
background information, it was very difficult to understand why we were
using RDF, and what it would do for us.  Thus, some of the information in
this document was an attempt to add in some of those elements that I would
regard as being an important part of making the specification usable for
developers and information designers.

Looking forward, I hope that having something concrete on the table will
make it easier for us to determine exactly what this group does expect to
see, by stimulating comments like yours.  I'll return to this theme in
another message.

At 01:04 PM 6/28/02 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

>Graham,
>
>You have been very busy; I'm afraid a little too busy.  This outline
>includes rather more than I was expecting this document to contain.  I was
>expecting a pretty unadorned spec with a lot less discursive material.
>
>The motivation for this document was to provide a home for normative
>material that didn't fit anywhere else.
>
>I suggest we start with the minimum that needs to be said.  I attach an
>annotated contents list as a possible starting point.
>
>Brian

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>