RE: test case A revisited

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:13:52 +0100
To: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> Consider
>    _:b1 rdf:type rdf:Seq .
>    _:b1 rdf:_1   "10" .
>    _:b2 rdf:type rdf:Seq .
>    _:b2 rdf:_1   "10" .
> This would require that the first member of each sequence is the same.

My take is that global datatyping and containers of literals simply do not
Containers with literal values either are untyped or locally typed.

I don't believe that any of the proposed global datatyping solutions (ever) work
with containers.

Hence I think:

+ test case A is a choice (the group seems minded to say that the entailment
holds - I disagree but not strongly).

+ containers cannot contain globally typed literals (i.e. the literals are
either self-denoting or untyped)

+ if test case A is true then rdf:object takes untyped literals as its object
(Brian also mentioned the rdf:object problem in the telecon).