RE: procedure for determining reserved vocab

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Other made comments which I may describe as Hilbert's web-server.
>
> We put a smart on the W3C webserver such that
>
> http://www.w3.org/reserved/SOME-URI
>
> has a redirect to SOME-URI.

The reason I didn't mention this is because it expresses a fundamentally
wrong idea - that there is some relationship between resources with
these labels:

	http://www.w3.org/reserved/http://eg.foo.bar/
	http://eg.foo.bar/

because the whole point is that there shouldn't be (apart from them
being "owned by the same people")

Having one redirect to the other seems to be missing the whole point of
darkening these things in the first place.

It's a sad fact that the word "semantics" seems to have lost all meaning.