Re: Datatyping: questions about TDL proposal

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:13:17 -0600
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Hi Jeremy, many thanks for all the explanations. I now see where
y'all are coming from, as it were. You are right that the old P++ did
not handle the overlapping-value-spaces issue properly. I am
struggling with a way to do it that doesn't have Bob's age be a pair.

I'll get back on this asap.

PS. I like string-type pairs a lot better than literal-value pairs.
At any rate, sets of literal-value pairs ought to be property
PPS. re. yr reply to Q6: yes I was responding while going through, Im
in too much of hurry to read things twice right now :-) But
seriously, my point was that a set of pairs *is* a property extension
in the MT, so it seemed kind of odd  to make it into a class. I see
that this preserves some deployed idioms, but it seems like a lot to
bite off in order to achieve that.
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax