Re: Datatyping Summary V2

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:00:20 -0000
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Graham:
> >Issue B3: the self entailment issue
> >===================================
> >
> >Withdrawn in favour of B4:

> I'm uncomfortable about withdrawing this.

Graham, I think the earlier B3 was only the redhead example, not the a
document entails itself example.

I would certainly support the addition of a new open issue with TDL in the
"can't live with" class.

Something like:
[[[

Issue B?: TDL self-entailment

In TDL a document does not entail itself.

Cannot live with: Graham, Jeremy, DanC

]]]

Without extra work on the TDL MT, this is a "cannot live with" against TDL.
I was intending to work from the exisitential quantification of literals
along the lines you sent me, but frankly if Pat can be persuaded to start
with a clean sheet (or the P++ model theory) and come up with a better TDL
model theory meeting his objections then we will all be happier (me
especially).

Jeremy