Re: Datatyping Summary

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:09:44 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 04:17 PM 1/28/02 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On a related note, we can't go making up names in somebody else's
>namespace. If we're going to use anything other than *exactly* the
>URIs made up by the XML Schema WG, we've got to mint our own names
>in our own namespace. I didn't notice that decimal.lex and such
>were in the XML Schema WG's namespace. Let's not do that.
>(see also my "hey, kids, get off my lawn!" posting to www-rdf-interest
>a while ago)

Hmmm... I appreciate the concern here (having also seen Jonathan Borden's
comments), but I also think that this is going to end up being incompatible
with current CC/PP which (wrongly, it now seems) does use xsd: based URIs,
per idiom B (as requested by reviewers).

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
        __
       /\ \
      /  \ \