RE: TDL Model Theory

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:24:01 -0000
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "ext Graham Klyne" <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Cc: "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> >> Nodes labelled with URIs map to resources
> >> Nodes labelled with strings map to pairs
> >> Blank nodes can map to either resources or pairs.
> >
> > Er, what happens with:
> >
> >  ex:someURI rdf:value "12345" .
> >
> > ?

That one is ill-formed, according to the current document, somewhat like
saying that "10" is both a binary and a decimal integer.

We could perhaps allow URIs to be interpreted as resources or pairs.
Basically permitting literals as resources. I haven't thought that one
through.

> Good question. The same goes for
>
>    ex:someURI rdf:value ex:someOtherURI .

That one indicates that the two URIs refer to the same resource.

Jeremy