Re: literal value terminology (was: Re: Review of MT)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 24 Jan 2002 09:22:39 -0600
To: Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Cc: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, ext Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>, RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
I'm not the chair, but if i were, I'd observe
that this isn't really a technical issue...
i.e. there's no way that the editor's choice
of terms here can cause test cases to break.

So while I encourage the editor to solicit feedback
on editorial issues, he's not required to achieve
consensus about them. I'm happy for him to say
"Thank you all for your advice. I've heard enough.
I've decided to call them bananas." at which
point the options of other WG members are (a) accept
the decision or (b) volunteer to edit/co-edit
the document.