Re: RDF datatyping goals (action from teleconference)

Looks great Graham!

A few comments:

1. Regarding note 2, we should change "primitive" to "anySimpleType" to
coincide with the XML Schema terminology. The statement that we don't/won't
address derived types is not quite correct, as we should support all
instances of anySimpleType, even those that are derived, and not only
the built in types but also all custom defined instances of anySimpleType.

2. Regarding note 6, "include" should probably be "infer", as in

"It should be possible to infer typing information in an RDF graph by
referencing an associated RDF schema."

3. Regarding note 7, the statement "One of the dimensions by which one can
categorize datatyping proposals is by whether individual values are
explicitly or implicitly typed" applies really to idioms, not the datatyping
scheme/model itself. Thus "proposal" should probably be changed to "idiom"?

4. Regarding note 9, it may be misleading that different idiom examples have
disjunct ontologies (with namespaces specific to each idiom). This sidesteps
the issue of co-existence in a knowledge base. The role of an idiom is to
express knowledge according to a given ontology -- and is not specific to
any particular ontology.

Please use just 'ex:' in the examples, and if that means idioms A and B
interact in an undesireable fashion, then that is useful information for
evaluating the different combination of proposed idioms.

Furthermore, since N3 is not the official serialization for RDF, I propose
that we use RDF/XML for all examples in formal publications. It's fine to
use N3 informally, but it is IMO impolite to expect all parties interested
in reviewing formal publications of this WG to learn N3.

Regards,

Patrick