From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:32:02 -0000
To: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Frank Manola" <fmanola@mitre.org>, "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Sergey's doc, as Patrick has indicated, does not permit meaningful

In Idiom A, the range of a property is the value space, in idiom B the range
is the lexical space, and these are disjoint.

Also, it is worth pointing out that the local idioms are fundamentally RDF
idioms, while the global  idioms are fundamentally RDFS idioms.

That is, the model theory for RDF (without RDFS) should cover the local
idiom, whereas the global idiom would fit within the RDFS extension.

In my view, we are likely to need to jump a somersault or two when we hit
schema union types and the combination of local and global idioms. But then
we've known for a while that the union types are a dog's breakfast.