RE: On the elegance of P/P+

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:21:33 -0000
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
> Although it is agreed that support for the P+ idiom is beyond
> the scope of our charter (presumably ;-) I have found the
> elegance of the combination of P and P+ to be difficult to
> dismiss, and wonder if we might not consider bending the charter
> regarding the single point of P+ support.

I find the pictures very compelling, but nevertheless oppose this.
The problem is the knock on impact.
This is not just bending our charter, it's driving a coach-and-horses
through it - in that the syntactic changes in RDF/XML that will be required
are, (guessing) quite substantial; creating a significant backward
compatibility issue.

I think the PD proposal has nearly as much elegance, and certainly would
permit a later migration to P+, while being probably the most in-charter
proposal on the table.

Jeremy