Diagrams for PDU "Pairing" Data Type Model and Interpretation of P/P+/D/U idioms

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:23:33 +0200
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Since my prose seems to typically cause more confusion than clarity,
I've attempted to capture the key ideas in pictures...

Attached is a set of illustrations/diagrams showing the PDU "Pairing"
Data Typing model and interpretations for the P, P+, D, and U idioms
based on that Model.

Note specifically:

1. The node which denotes/represents the value of a property
   is always the object node of the statement in which that
   property serves as the predicate, regardless of where the
   literal (lexical form) or data type (URIref) are defined.

2. The pairing defined by each idiom is based on the node labels
   (literal and URIref) not the nodes themselves.

I intend to incorporate these into the summary of PD(U) to be
reviewed alongside the existing description of S.

Questions are of course welcome.

Cheers,

Patrick

Slide1.png Slide2.png Slide4.png Slide3.png Slide5.png