Re: No model theory for reification?

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:06:21 +0100
To: danbri@w3.org
Cc: jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, der@hplb.hpl.hp.com
[...]

> Somewhere we need to write down a clear account of rdf:Statement;
> looks mathematical, the Model Theory spec seems a reasonable home for it.

well, in an earlier MT draft, there was some of that stuff
but ... (don't get me wrong) where are we w.r.t. that???
I'm much more in favor of unasserted triples
like the ones in a set of statements enclosed by N3's { } or so,
but that is out of scope of course :-(
and so I would propose to drop reification
a bit in the spirit of
[[[
   You know you've achieved perfection in design,
   Not when you have nothing more to add,
   But when you have nothing more to take away.

                  -- Antoine de Saint Exupery.
]]]

--
Jos