RE: rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:58:24 -0000
To: "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
> We both comiserated but at the time, it seemed that producing test cases
> that describe what the M+S said (not what we thought it should say) was
> the honest thing to do; this is the (spurious?) backwards-compatibility
> argument.

I find it spurious.
It is at least as honest to say that M&S does not make sense, and has not
had sense made out of it by the community.

BTW: The first version of ARP implemented my proposed resolution, but Brian
persuaded me that I should do otherwise about version 1.0.3. I probably
would have done better to have dug my heals in then.

Jeremy