Re: the S-B problem and what to do about it.

On 2002-02-24 2:54 PM, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu> wrote:

> ex:age rdfs:range _:x .
> xsd:integer rdfs:range _:x .
>
> If that is acceptable, then that solves the problem, since it frees
> up the datatype name itself to have the value space as its extension
> when used as a class name.

I have no problem with the basic concept behind this, but I think that this
specific version of it isn't going to work since it's impossible to write in
RDF/XML.

> Of course we cannot use rdfs:range in this case, so this would
> require us to reconsider decision (1); but the required change is
> minimal.

I think Brian made it very clear that the <range> in one wasn't necessarily
rdfs:range. It could also be rdfd:range. I think this would be an adequate
solution also.