RE: XML Base - discussion + test cases

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:31:49 -0000
To: "Graham Klyne" <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> Noting that rdf:ID is _not_ an XML ID-type attribute, can't we define
> rdf:ID not to be a same-document reference in the sense of RFC
> 2396?  Then
> it can be defined as generating a URI relative to the current xml:base?

We have already defined it to be rdf:about="#

Even if we somehow managed to fix rdf:ID the problem of rdf:about="#frag"
would be with us.

RFC 2396 is unfortunately clear that "#frag" is not an absolute URI or a
relative URI but a same document reference. The algorithm in section 5.2 is
equally clear, and feels inapplicable to me.

Also the usage rdf:about="" is recommended by DAML, and this too is a same
document reference in RFC 2396, and treated as one by the recommended
algorithm.

Jeremy