Re: Datatyping Summary V5 (skippable)

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 10:53 , ext Brian McBride wrote:

> Issue B1:
> =========
>
> status: proposed resolution
>
> In S, if one wants to use both idiom A and idiom B, e.g.
>
> <mary> <age> "10" .
> <age> <rdfs:range> <xsd:integer.lex> .
>
> and
>
> <mary> <ageD> _:a .
> _:a <xsd:integer.map> "10" .
>
> two properties have to be used, <age> and <ageD>, in this example.
>
> Sergey suggests that the range of <age> can be the UNION of xsdr:integer.
> map and xsdr:integer.lex and xsdr:integer.val.

Well, actually I suggested it...  ;-)

but I'm very glad Sergey and I now seem to "connect" on
this understanding.

> Patrick: are you satisfied?

Maybe. If that means that a datatype URI denotes the whole
datatype and nothing but the datatype so help us RDF, and
the *.(map|val|lex) distinctions live only in the MT,
then yes.

But then, that's what I've been saying all along ;-)

Cheers,