Some words about formal semantics

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:53:54 +0000
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Frank,

I mentioned that I was working up some words about formal semantics ... the
first result of that can be seen at the URL [1] below.  The note is written
with a view to trust modelling, but the middle sections are quite generic.

I've asserted copyright in the whole piece for technical reasons,  but if
you want to plunder some of the words for the Primer, that will be fine.

[1] Graham Klyne, Putting Semantics in the Semantic Web: Building a
meaningful basis for trust,
http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/PuttingSemanticsInSemanticWeb.htm

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)