Re: A basis for convergence and closure?

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:53:22 -0600
To: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
Cc: patrick.stickler@nokia.com, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>we have tried to summarize that
>at http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfd-theory.n3
>is that making sense ???

Is that 'a' in the first triple in the antecedent shorthand for
rdf:type?? If so that seems to all make sense, except the first
triple in the antecedents ought to be

?d a rdf:DataType .

Ie d is in the class of datatypes.  dType is the datatyping property.

  Of course this doesn't actually state the literal-interpretation
rules, but I don't think you can say those in RDF.

I'd prefer to state the second rule consequent as

?d rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:value .

but I can see that would give you a much longer inference path. Your
version ought to work, though, in every case I can think of :-)

PS On a different topic, did Ora contact you about the closure rules?
He has some startling statistics on how redundant they are.

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax