ACTION 2002-01-24#4 responses on datatyping

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:26:10 -0000
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

On RDF comments at least two topics have come up:

The URI for XML Schema datatypes:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002JanMar/0029.html
[[[
Please do not bind the "xsd" prefix to the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#
namespace name. Furthermore, please do not refer to this namespace name as
the XML Schema namespace, in fact the two _namespaces_ are entirely
unrelated.
]]]

and

query and datatypes:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002JanMar/0053.html

e.g.

[[[
In that case I'd be against this [TDL global idiom], because normally I
don't rely on
having the schema (or schema-like constraints) available when you make
a query, and because I prefer to make explicit queries.
]]]

I propose that both of these be treated as issues requiring substantive
response:
  - URIs for datatyping
  - how a non-schema aware application processes global type idioms.

I am out of time for today, and will work on this action again tomorrow.
I think there may be a third substantive issue lurking in the lists.

Jeremy