Re: why S doesn't require double properties [was: Datatyping Summary V4]

From: Daniel W. Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:05:14 -0500 (EST)
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Brian McBride wrote:

> At 11:15 04/02/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> [...]
>
> >Yes, *if* one wants to use both idioms, one needs both sorts
> >of properties.
>
> That's my understanding and what the issue states, I think clearly.

There's some lack of clarity somewhere; folks seem to be arguing:

	if communities need to use both datatyping idioms,
	they need double properties.

	PRISM needs datatyping
	=> therefore
	PRISM needs double properties

which isn't a sound inference; it needs another premise:

	PRISM needs to use both datatyping idioms.

I'm quite confident PRISM (and dublin core and most other apps)
will do just fine only using S-B.

So I don't think the statement of the issue is sufficiently clear.

(writing from python10)