Re: Test cases, quick update.

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Jos De_Roo wrote:

[ Second indent is me, attribution lost, sorry ]

> > That being OK, I'm going to add the following test case:
> >
> > [[
> > <ex:a> <ex:b> "25"^^xsd:decimal .
> > <ex:b> rdfs:range xsd:string .
> > ]]
> >
> > ENTAILS
> >
> > { a test:False-Document }
>

> Jan, for the moment we've done that in
> http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/xsd-rules
> (but it's very incomplete...)
>
> [[[
> ### inconsistency/incompleteness detections @@
>
> { :xsdI1 . ?p rdfs:range xsd:string . ?s ?p ?x^^xsd:decimal } log:implies
> { _:x a test:False-Document } .
> ]]]
>
> and then indeed we can derive from above that
>
> _:y a test:False-Document .
>

> hope this helps...

It does. There are now three items to "datatype support" as far as the
test cases are concerned, listed in
	http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdf-tests/

Namely: (for any supported datatypes x and y)
- detection of well-formed literals
- deciding if a^^x denotes the same value as b^^y
- deciding if a^^x denotes a value in y

The last one is an additional requirement to support range checking as
described by rdf-semantics.

Cheers,
jan

Leverage that synergy! Ooh yeah, looking good! Now stretch - and relax.